Please note that you are only applying to enter the competition, you are not guaranteed a spot and if your application is approved you will start in the Academy League. Here is how you go about entering :
1) Make sure you have read the rules of the game IN FULL, and that you agree with them all.
2) E-mail me stating the following information :
Your email address you want us to use.
Team location (where your team will be "based")
Failure to supply all the information mentioned above will make your entry to join Sim Speedway null and void.
3) If you are accepted you will go onto the reserve list, unless a place is immediately available but keep checking your email as you may get a call into the game at any time ! If you go on the reserve list you will not need to pay anything until you are brought into the game and even then if you are brought in for less than a season then we may not charge you, and let you gain experience.
4.) We reserve the right to refuse any application to enter the league, for whatever reason at our discretion.
5) To comply with the Data Protection Act, by applying you agree to us holding your contact details (name & email address only) which we guarantee will only be used by us and not passed on to anyone. If you do not agree to this then unfortunately we cannot accept your application.
GENERAL SIM SPEEDWAY RULES
Applying to enter the league or continuing to run in the league means you have read, understood and agree with ALL the rules listed below. There are slightly different rules for the different leagues (Ultimate, Power, Academy & Development) and these can be found on the respective league pages - these rules also must be read, understood and agreed.
1. The main administrators of this simulation are Fred Taylor, Robert Elliot, Andy Dixon and Rob Golsby - from now on referred to as the NSSPA (New Sim Speedway Promoters Association). All queries regarding joining the game should be directed to Fred here.
2. You must have a valid email address to be able to take part in this game, and you must check it at least once every two days. If you do not meet these criteria then you should not apply to enter the league.
3. If you are going on holiday or will be away for a few days and cannot send your weekly tactics to us, please let us know in advance – in this instance your default settings, or tactics you send in before going away will apply and you will not receive emails from us asking where you are, a fine, or even worse an email saying we have sacked you for not responding !!
4. Three leagues will be run, these rules are the general game rules, the different rules applying to each league can be found on the respective league pages. The top division will have the best riders in, and so forth down to the Juvenile Jaunt which will be run as a youth development league.
5. Finishing positions from the previous Sim Speedway season will govern which leagues teams will run in during the following season.
6. Only 30 places are available each season for the Ultimate, Power and Evolution, priority will be given to managers who run teams in the previous season, and then we will allocate places to managers on our reserve list. Basically, first come, first served !
7. There is a cost to us for providing this game, we have to pay for things like webspace for the Sim site, our e-mail addresses, and other general running costs. We therefore ask each manager to help us cover these costs by paying a donation fee to enter the game, the current fee to enter is £33 per team per season for one team. If we do have any money left over at the end of the season, then it will be invested back into the game by way of reduced admission. We do not seek to make a profit from Sim Speedway at all.
8. We reserve the right to sack managers for serious rule breaches, or consistent breaking of any of the rules of the site, the game or the forum. Sacking managers is always a last resort for us, and we are happy to report a very infrequent exercise.
9. In the event of a manager being not responding or being sacked, for whatever reason - no refund of any entry money will be given.
GAME PLAY & MEETINGS
1. You must send back match tactics for every meeting, failure to do this will result in a fine at the NSSPA's discretion and your default decisions will apply. Your tactics for the meeting must get to us at the very latest by Noon on the Monday prior to a Friday or Saturday meeting (keep your eyes on daily information as the timings do change a few times during the season). You must always give us a 1-7 line up, even if it is the same as the previous week, this is to avoid any confusion that can creep in. If you want the same tactics as last time, then you can give us a 1-7 and put "same tactics as last week" or something similar. This is simply to let us know you are still there and still interested in the game. You can send in tactics via posting in the appropriate forum section.
2. The NSSPA will stage for all divisions (except the Juvenile Jaunt) a league championship, a 2 leg knock out cup, a fours tournament, a pairs tournament and an individual riders championship. All competitions are free to enter and they will carry game prize money, details of which can be found below in the prizes section.
1. The forum is seen as a marker for your management skills, a 'media outlet', things you would normally send to the local press, or say on local radio etc. Anything you post on here is read by the NSSPA. While it is not compulsory to use the forum and post, the NSSPA gives benefits to clubs for regular and good posts. These can be anything from a crowd increase due to good advertising and / or improving your riders form when a post count is taken at the two GSA in season and end of season changes. As in life the more you put in, the same in Sim Speedway, the more you get out of it.
PLEASE COPY TO EITHER NOTEPAD OR WORD
SIM SPEEDWAY JOINING FORM
MY TEAM NAME
MY STADIUM NAME
MY TRACK TYPE normal, grippy, slick - IS
MY TRACK LENGTH
MY EMAIL ADDRESS
MY CONTACT NUMBER
What we need from you is a photo (head shot prefered) for your team page
your club colours for your Race Jacket and kevlars
If you have any logos you would like used send them in
if you want to do your own race jacket you can but we can do them for you
we have our very own kevlar designer
Strictly necessary cookies guarantee functions without which this website would not function as intended. As a result these cookies cannot be deactivated. These cookies are used exclusively by this website and are therefore first party cookies. This means that all information stored in the cookies will be returned to this website.
Functional cookies enable this website to provide you with certain functions and to store information already provided (such as registered name or language selection) in order to offer you improved and more personalized functions.
Performance cookies gather information on how a web page is used. We use them to better understand how our web pages are used in order to improve their appeal, content and functionality.
Marketing / Third Party Cookies originate from external advertising companies (among others) and are used to gather information about the websites visited by you, in order to e.g. create targeted advertising for you.